To celebrate the dark night skies and stargazing opportunities in the North Pennines the area’s first Stargazing Festival is being organised for Autumn Half Term 2017. You’ll find lots of events across the AONB running between Saturday 21st and Sunday 29th October.
- Pop-up planetarium events at Stanhope, Allendale and Alston
- Stargazing at Killhope Museum, South Tynedale Railway, Harehope Quarry and Allenheads
- Talks on our Solar System, Eclipses and Constellations
- Astrophotography workshops
- Beginners sessions in Teesdale and on Alston Moor
- Build your own Bottle Rocket Workshops
The festival is being organised by the North Pennines AONB Partnership and supported by Visit County Durham and the Science & Technology Facilities Council. For more information visit here